Who Are We?
Germonds is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church USA. We are a member church of Hudson River Presbytery, the largest of the twelve Presbyterian USA congregations in Rockland County. Germonds has served the community since 1860 and is gearing itself towards the 21st century.
- Germonds Presbyterian Church is a congregation who proclaim their faith through their actions.
- Germonds is a covenant people who promise God and other members to uphold the church by their prayers, attendance, gifts and services.
- Germonds is a Diverse Community, firmly committed to inclusiveness.
- Germonds is Mission Oriented and Society Conscious.
- Germonds expresses concern and shares God’s love with people of many faiths.
- The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month.
What We Believe
We believe in the centrality of worship where members of the scattered community come together to acknowledge their common bond. We believe in shared leadership for decision-making, both local and at all levels of the church’s government. We believe in a strong educational program for persons of all ages.
What Makes Germonds Special?
- We are concerned for individuals and family.
- We care for infants in order to afford parents the opportunity to participate in worship and educational opportunities.
- We care for children and young people through strong youth education and special activities.
- We care for adults through a variety of educational and fellowship activities, many of which are of an intergenerational nature.
- Germonds is a singing church. We have a Children’s Choir (Joyful Noise!). We also encourage persons to enrich our worship through instrumental music. Germonds has a year-round Christian Education Program and classes meeting concurrently with the worship service.
We Care About Others
Germonds endeavors to provide for the needs of persons both within our community and global ministries. Among the groups for whom we provide both people support and financial aid are Venture Inn, Helping Hands, Center for Safety and Change, People to People, TOUCH (Together Our Unity Can Heal), Salvation Army, Spring Valley Corps, Meals on Wheels, United Hospice, and Habitat for Humanity. Continually we encourage our members to discover significant areas to share their time and talents.