Equal Opportunity Statement
Germonds Presbyterian Church, in accordance with our denomination, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), believes in the inclusiveness of God’s love and in the importance of diversity in our community and in our church. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring, evaluating, compensating, and generally treating all of our staff in a manner that embraces diversity and provides a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to racial ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under New York State or federal laws.
We currently have a position open for pianist/organist
Hours: Total commitment for weekly services and Thursday evening practices will be equal to approximately 68 events annually subject to the paid time off stated below. (Covid may require adjustments to this schedule as it related to choir).
Purpose: To perform music during worship services and accompany congregation and choir.
Accountability: To the Music Director, Pastor, and Music and Worship Committee.
- Plan, prepare, and play prelude, offertory, and postlude appropriate to the weekly service of worship (as well as holiday services.) Accompany congregational hymn singing, special music offerings, and choirs for selected introits, anthems, and choral responses.
- Consult with the Music Director to accompany the adult choir during scheduled weekly choir practices.
- Identify needs for proper maintenance of the organ and piano, and report them to the Music and Worship Committee Chair.
- Prepare and play for weddings, funerals, and non-recurring special services (when available and for additional compensation.)
Relationships: Relates to the Pastor, Music & Worship Committee, choir director and members and friends of the church.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor with a representative from the Personnel Committee and the Music and Worship Committee Chair.
Compensation: $13-15,000 range, depending on experience
Professional Development: Continuing education funds available, as are monies for new music (as written in budget).
- Annually, a total of 4 rehearsals/4 services.
- Absent extenuating circumstances, requests for paid time off should be made to Music Director at least 2 weeks in advance, with the exception of sudden illness.
- Additional paid time off may be arranged with the Pastor and Personnel Committee.
Qualifications and Expectations:
1. Ability to play a diverse repertoire on an Allen Renaissance organ and piano proficiently and at the direction of the Music Director.
2. Ability to work with volunteer choirs in a supportive environment and as a collegial professional with other staff members.
3. Continued professional development and a commitment to musical growth.
If you are interested in the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your vital information.